Thursday, September 4, 2008

Speak for yourself lady...


I was watching CNN commentators at the Republic convention recap Palin's statement about the "only difference between a soccer mom and pit bull is the lip stick." I don't know what I find more appalling, the commentators pretending that that was a great moment in her speech or Palin for parting her lips to even make that statement. If anything that set women back 100s of years. In my opinion, her statement was for those older run of the mill southern male Republican voters who think women are not their equal counterparts. Those who think such a way think to understand a women with power she must be a "female dog". So maybe Palin my prefer to be view as a "female dog" as oppose to simply a powerful, strong women? If I was a soccer mom I rather she speak for herself then cause I wouldn't want to be labeled and as "female dog".

No comments: